Insert the air conditioner power plug into the power supply and the air switch trips immediately! Compressor leakage? According to the following five steps, confirm the compressor leakage fault.
1, measure the power plug N and ground resistance
Just plug the air conditioner plug into the power outlet, the air switch will jump protection, in order to determine whether the air conditioner or air switch failure, use a multimeter to block, measure the power plug N and ground resistance, the normal should be infinite, and the measured resistance is about 100, determine that the air conditioner has a leakage fault.
2, disconnect the outdoor unit terminal connection cable
Common air-conditioning leakage fault in the outdoor unit. To determine whether the outdoor unit or the indoor unit is faulty, remove the four connection wires except the ground wire at the outdoor unit's terminal block, and use a multimeter to block the power. Connect a test lead to the N terminal of the terminal block and a table pen grounding screw. The resistance is still about 100, thus determining the fault in the outdoor unit.
3, measuring the resistance of the compressor lead to ground
The common leakage fault of the outdoor unit is in the compressor.
Disconnect the coil of the compressor 3 lead plugs 4 (N-terminal and blue lines run parallel winding blue line), measured using a multimeter barrier black line and the ground terminal of the common resistance (four-way valve connected to the solid brass), normal resistance should be infinite, while the resistance remains .13.50 Found described leakage fault caused by a compressor.
4、Measure compressor terminal and earth resistance
Compressor wire insulation melting to ground short circuit can also cause power tripping faults.
Take off the compressor wiring cover, check the compressor lead is normal, unplug the connector plug on the compressor terminal block, use a multimeter to block the resistance of the measurement terminal common terminal (c) and the ground (real compressor discharge pipe), The measured value is 13.50, which determines the short-circuit damage of the compressor's internal coil to ground.
5, troubleshooting without a multimeter
If no multimeter or multimeter is damaged and cannot be used when the door is inspected and repaired, you can use the troubleshooting method to troubleshoot this example. The brief steps are as follows:
1) Disconnect the four connection wires at the outdoor unit's terminal block, and insulate and re-power on the test machine. If the air switch no longer trips, the fault is in the outdoor unit.
2) Restore the 4 connection wires on the outdoor unit's terminal block, and remove the 4 plugs of the 3 leads of the compressor in the electric control box, and then power on the test machine again. If the air switch no longer trips, the fault is in the compressor.
3) Restore the 4 plugs of the 3 lead wires of the compressor in the electric control box, and remove the 3 lead plugs on the compressor terminal block, and then power on the test machine again. If the air switch no longer trips, the compressor can be damaged.
to sum up
1. The air conditioner trips after power-on or power-on. If it is a leakage fault, it is usually caused by the compressor coil short circuit to ground. Others, such as short circuit between the indoor and outdoor machine connecting lines or insulation off, compressor lead insulating layer melting and ground short circuit, air switch damage, etc. account for a small proportion.
2. After the air conditioner is turned on, the air switch trips. If the current is too high, common causes are damage to the compressor cylinder or the compressor capacitor.
3. Measure the elbow resistance of the compressor coil to the ground. The copper tube and iron shell of the outdoor unit are directly connected to the ground wire. The measured value of the tested part and the copper tube can be measured.
Address: No.59-203,NO.99 Dehui Road,Zhi Chu,Zhifu District,Yantai, Shandong Province ,China